Many manufacturers, large and small, are jumping on the green bandwagon and producing upholstered furniture with more than just style and your comfort in mind. The following companies adhere to sustainable practices, use eco-friendly materials and most manufacture their furnishings here in the USA.
So, whether you’re looking for new living room furniture with clean contemporary lines or something a bit more traditional, opt for pieces that incorporate reclaimed or FSC-certified woods, plant-based foam cushions (as opposed to conventional petroleum-based ones) and/or natural fabrics.
- BKIND3 uses linen & recycled cotton fabrics and some soy-based foam.
- Cisco Brothers uses FSC-certified hardwoods and offers natural upholstery.
- Crate & Barrel has incorporated FSC-certified wood frames, soy and corn-based cushions, into 50+ styles of their upholstered furniture.
- EcoBalanza handcrafts their furniture using FSC-certified woods, natural latex cushions, organic cotton & wool batting, and natural & recycled content fabrics.
- Lee Industries‘ naturalLee line is made with FSC-certified wood frames, soy-based cushions, recycled fiber pillows, natural fabrics and water-based stains (furniture pictured above).
- MetroSofa builds their newly restored, unique furniture utilizing old and antique wood frames.
- RC Green creates furniture with certified & reclaimed woods, low or no VOC finishes, natural fabrics, water-based glues, and soy/latex/recycled foam.
- Rowe’s EcoRowe line & La-Z-Boy‘s EcoComfort line have incorporated some eco-friendly production practices and materials into their pieces.
- The Sofa Company‘s custom sofas are made from FSC-certified woods, jute webbing, water-based stains & glues, soy-based cushions and even recycled steel.